2064: Read Only Memories merges old-school adventure gaming with modern storytelling to explore some of the social challenges we will face in the near future. Explore the colorful future metropolis of Neo-San Francisco, meeting a huge cast of fascinating characters and solving a far-reaching mystery. Think carefully about your choices, because you never know how they will affect this dynamic, branching narrative further down the line.
The world is changing.
Genetic alteration of humans is now commonplace, with many choosing to radically alter their bodies to express their individuality. Virtual intelligences called ROMs (Relationship and Organizational Managers), created as simple digital assistants, are exerting greater control over people’s lives. Some are terrified by this rapid change, and they are willing to go to extreme lengths to prevent it.
A lost ROM named Turing breaks into the apartment of a struggling journalist to ask for help. They claim to be the first sapient machine—not a simulation of life but a genuinely self-aware artificial being—and the technical genius who created them has gone missing. Can you unravel the shocking conspiracy that threatens to rock an entire society? Or will the darkness that lies behind the bright neon lights of Neo-SF consume you?
- Old-school, cutting-edge - Classic point-and-click adventuring inspired by the likes of Gabriel Knight and Snatcher is melded with modern branching storytelling that delves into identity, individuality, and what it means to be human.
- People of the future - Get to know a diverse cross-section of Neo-SF’s population, brought to life by some of the best voice talent working in games today, including Melissa Hutchison and Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead), Erin Yvette (Oxenfree), Austin Creed (WWE’s Xavier Woods), and internet stars Jim Sterling (Jimquisition) and SungWon Cho (ProZD).
- High tech nostalgia - The city of Neo-San Francisco is rendered in beautiful pixel art, and your adventure is accompanied by a catchy low-fi electronic synth soundtrack.
- Solve the mystery - Enjoy over ten hours of adventure gaming goodness, featuring exploration, dynamic branching conversations, multiple endings, and many challenges to overcome.
- The definitive PC edition - Since its launch two years ago, the team has made many improvements and additions to an already amazing game, making this the ultimate version. Additions have included new characters and voice performers, additional facial animations, Japanese language support, and the “Endless Christmas” extended epilogue that allows you to hang out with your favorite Neo-SF locals.
Note: Steam cloud saves currently only work on the same platform (i.e. Windows, Mac, etc.